Monday 31 March 2014

A LADIES TAKE ON BEING A STANDARD BEARER FOR THE R.B.L.& NORMANDY VETERANS..

This Look into life of  a Lady Branch Standard Bearer..


I am Now in my 31st Year of Carrying the Little Sutton R.B.L.
Standard, The Women's Section in my own right, and also 
Deputy for the Branch Standard Bearer.

I have been a Friend of the N.V.A. for about Ten Years now,
And I was asked to carry the N.V.A. Standard by Mr Albert Dillow,
The N.V.A. Standard Bearer ,when he became ill and sadly passed 
Away in 2012. When N.V.A. Members pass away,At the Famicies
Request, I Proudly carry the Standard for them at the Funeral in Remembrance of their Loved ones,

I feel very Privilege to be carrying the Standards, and have Attended and Experienced many Special Events over the last Years, Both in the U.K. and Abroad.

All being well, I an very much looking forward to June of this Year and Carrying , with Pride, The N.V.A Standard When the Wirral and Chester Branch No.11 of the N.V.A. , Are Returning to 
Normandy to Remember the 70th Anniversary and Remember their Friends and Comrades' "Who Did Not Return Home,." 
If it wasn't for those braves Men and Women, Who made the Ultimate Sacrifices,We would not be having this Conversation Today.

As Will as being very Proud to Carry the Standards, 
I also love what I Do.

                                 Susan Wardle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment